In today’s digital age, when so much of our day-to-day lives are spent online, having an online presence is vital to any organization or business. Expanding your web presence is a high-impact initiative that greatly increases a school or childcare center’s opportunities to reach prospective families. But, we know that maintaining different web properties can feel overwhelming. We started PreK.com to help make that process easier for you.
With your partnership, the team at PreK.com creates a customized profile page for your school, displaying your amenities, enrichments, and photos of the school. A visit to your PreK.com profile page allows families a window into the look and feel of a school. We strive to create a polished profile page, carefully laid out with up-to-date information from you, that conveys a safe, warm, and nurturing environment for children.
Your profile page offers a positive introduction to a school for an interested family. Having access to see your school online is especially important for families who are moving from out of the area or cannot easily tour the school. In short, a little energy and time making sure your information is up-to-date with PreK.com can go a long way in connecting with potential families.
In addition to your profile on PreK.com, here are some other ways you can reach more families by expanding your digital footprint.
Claim and Manage your Profile on Review Sites
It is common practice to utilize online reviews to inform an array of different decisions. From Amazon shopping to car seat choices, many people rely on online feedback as a component of their decision-making process. Childcare is no different. While our Family Advisers reinforce the quality of our Member Schools and tout our vetting process, many parents still check reviews on third-party sites. Thus, it is important for schools to monitor these reviews on sites like Google and Yelp to be aware of the broader public perception and to respond to any concerns.
- Claim your Google and Yelp listings. On each site, enter a short description about your school. Consider including general information, details that are relevant to prospective parents, as well as what makes your school special and unique. Keep this information up-to-date.
- Regularly encourage families who have had positive experiences to leave reviews on one or both sites.
- Respond professionally and productivity to any negative reviews or comments. A business cannot delete a negative review on these sites. However, you can reply to the comments and convey to families that your school is responsive and respectful when handling issues. When doing so, make sure to apologize for the negative experience, and, if criticisms are valid, explain what you have done or will do to improve the situation.
Build Social Media Accounts
Social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram, have a reach that is far and wide. They are commonly used by parents to find information, solicit recommendations, and read reviews. Within many parenting groups–or even friend-to-friend and follower-to-follower interactions–individuals share social media page links as part of their discussions. Because of this, it is important to make sure that your social media accounts are a core part of your parent outreach.
- Claim your school’s listing on Facebook and post at least once each week. Encourage families who have had positive experiences to “Like” your page and leave reviews.
- Create an Instagram account for the school and post regularly. You might highlight staff members, show students participating in activities, or explain the school’s mission and philosophy. Whenever sharing photos of your students, be sure that you have appropriate permission from their caregivers.
- Make sure the contact information, hours, and any other relevant details about your school or center are kept current.
Create a School Website
A school website is a wonderful place to showcase all you have to offer children and families. Even a basic website that you create on your own can be a great mechanism for schools wondering how childcare centers can reach more families. It gives you an additional space to share unique information about your center and highlight what makes your school a positive learning environment.
- When creating a website, make sure the messaging and look align with your school’s approach and values. Use words and images to convey a joyful, safe, and warm school community.
- To get started, consider using a free site like Google Sites or WordPress to create a website. Choose a website URL or domain name that will be easy to share with others and spotlight in any marketing materials.
- Once your website is set up and live, include the link in relevant flyers, brochures, and social media pages.
If you have any questions about ways to best maintain your profile on PreK.com, you can always reach out to us at enrollment-team@PreK.com!